Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Enjoying Eden Nature Park For the First Time

You're reading it right! For the first time, I was able to enjoy the beauty of Eden Nature Park of Davao City. Funny though because I've been living here for almost 7 years yet not a single moment I was able to visit this heavenly place. If not because of the pre-birthday celebration of one of my friends, then up to this very moment my idea about the place would only be based on their site's description.

For all those photo freaks like me, the whole day won't be enough to capture all those awesome pictures. You might be thinking right now how many cameras I brought for this escapade but believe it not, I'm a photo freak who doesn't own any digital camera. All of my pictures were taken from my loving BlackBerry Bold 9700. I'm just thankful that it's 3.2 megapixel camera with auto-focus plus a little help of Photoshop was able to satisfy my happiness. Please bear all those blurry pictures because my phone's camera can't capture moving objects because it is not like other digital cameras that you can manipulate the shutter settings.

We only spent half day in the park yet I was able to drain by fully charged battery. Supposedly the group has planned being there early, but just like the usual Filipino time phenomenon, our 8am assembly time has become 11am. We decided to eat our lunch first and off we go. The park is located at the foot of Mount Talomo, Toril, Davao City. It is approximately 12 kilometers from Toril proper. If you're situated in the downtown area of the city, Toril is way southward and is approximately 30 minute ride by private car. If you don't own a car, you also get to the place by riding a jeepney up to Crossing Bayabas, Toril. From there you will ride a motorcycle going up to the park for 50-60 pesos. According to the official website of Eden, the whole park contains 100,000 pine trees spreading throughout the vast 80 hectares land area. For a detailed information of the park, you can visit their site.

The group decided to ride a jeepney going up to the park and the fun begins...



Upon arriving at the area...




The park's map...






A walk under the woods...




My encounter with nature...






















Of course your Eden Nature Park adventure won't be complete if it's without an Indiana Jones experience. We had ours on video...




For four hours, I was able to relax from my very tiring week. I know the next time I could enjoy this thing would be not so soon. I couldn't load all the photos here and some of my candid moments in the park were captured in my friends' camera and they just can't upload it immediately because just like me, they are also very busy during weekdays.


My friends would definitely get mad at me if I'm not going to mention them here. You can check their faces in their Facebook accounts


Sheryl Madlangbayan
Marian Elaine Dasal 
Kreng Balilahon
Marc Olorvida
Sheiryl Bacsarsa
Giovanne Vallecera

0 comments: