Thursday, March 17, 2011

To My Dearest Japan: You're Simply Strong To Have All These Things

The world just witnessed how Japan was shook by a deadly 9.0 magnitude earthquake followed by a raking tsunami. Japan is one of the most developed and highly industrialized country in Asia and the Japanese people are known to be hardworking. Their share to the world's richest is simply astounding and they are known to be the most prepared. However, you really can't have everything. No matter how prepared we are, the power of nature which is controlled by a strong Ultimate Being, the Lord is way much stronger


In the context of worship and religion, as per wikipedia, most Japanese people do not exclusively identify themselves as adherents of a single religion; rather, they incorporate elements of various religions. 84% to 96% of Japanese adhere to Shinto and Buddhism but grants full religious freedom, allowing minority religions such as Christianity, Islam and Sikhism to be practiced.

What's the use of mentioning these things in the first place? Well, I'm just trying to link what has happened to their mode of worship. Ever since I'm a child, I've been exposed to Bible stories which includes nations being punished because they are not worshiping the Lord.

However, now that I'm on this age, I was able to meet a lot people with different modes of worship and I do respect their beliefs as long as they're respecting mine and as long as they not worshiping satan or similar idols.

As to the case of Japan, they are not worshiping satan to get punished and the Lord is not a punishing God. He is just giving us challenges to strengthen our faith and He is not giving us challenges if He knew we can't overcome it.

1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man, God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."

My prayers these days are all for my friends who are in Japan right now as well as to all Japanese people. Stay strong and have faith.

-niceurdaneta-

1 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Just checking back to read any postings you may have written.

I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.